Slogan : “Aluta continua, Victoria Ascerta”
We are the mother body of all student unions in Ghana; consisting of six (6) Blocs namely
- University Students Association of Ghana (USAG),
- Graduate Students Association of Ghana (GRASAG),
- Ghana Union of Professional Students (GUPS),
- National Health Students Association of Ghana (NAHSAG),
- Teacher Trainees’ Association of Ghana (TTAG),
- Regional Student Representative Councils (RSRCs).
SLOGAN: “ Aluta Continua, Victoria Ascerta “
We are also a democratic, non-partisan and progressive mass movement comprising of students in Ghana and Ghanaian Students abroad with the primary aim of protecting and safeguarding the rights and interest of Ghanaian students.
WE also advocate to inculcate in them high sense of responsibility, patriotism, discipline and for that matter Nationalism with the ultimate aim of integrating them and ensuring their maximum participation in all activities relating to National Development.
MOTTO: ” Education; A Right Not A Privilege “
Meet Our Executives
They Are Responsible for the Drafting and Implementation of Our Policies.
We use the Following Administrative Structure to Direct the Mode of Operations in our Union;
- This is the highest decision making body of the union which is made up of representatives of all component institutions.
- Central Committee Meeting
- This is made up of all national officers, Bloc Executives as well as Local NUGS and SRCs of respective member institutions.
- National Executive Committee
- This unit is made up of the National President, General Secretary, Secretary for Union Development, Secretary for Press and information, Secretary for Finance and bloc heads from all the blocs under the union.
- National Secretariat
- It is made up of Eleven (11) elected National officers led by the National President.
- The Local NUGS Secretariat
- These outfits are established in every member institutions to serve as a liaison between the students and the National Secretariat.
- Dues paid by member institutions and support from well-meaning individuals and organisations fund activities of the union.
Our Organisational Structure is made up of Congress, Central Committee, National Executive Council and The National Secretariat.
- NUGS organize an Annual Congresses in which all member/affiliated institutions attend. WE may also convene an emergency congress if a situation demands it so.
- Central Committee (CC)
- WE have a Central Committee which WE refer to as CC. The Committee meets at least 2 times in a year. Emergency meetings of CC may be called by the National President in consultation with NEC.
- National Executive Committee(NEC)
- WE have in existence a National Executive Committee; made up of the National President and not less than 6 other members. Emergency meetings may be called by the National President in consultation with the National Officers.
- National Secretariat
- WE also have a National Secretariat made up of executive officers who are elected at congress and responsible for the drafting and implementation of policies.
What They Say About Us
We shall and will always continue to be partners for Development
I owe my current position in politics largely to NUGS
NUGS has contributed its quota to the nations development. I must say I am proud of your efforts and struggles but I strongly believe you can do more to make Ghana a better place. Yes you find yourselves in trying times, but greatness can be achieved.
Thank You NUGS for shaping me and being an integral part of my success story.
NUGS is doing a good work and I want to assure you that we are with You.
My fellow students and I are grateful for the swift actions NUGS took when the Ghana School of Surveying and mapping (GSSM) was closed down. Thanks to NUGS and it’s blocs the school is opened for public use again.
NUGS over the years has shaped the lives of many and redirected the course of democracy of Ghana. Our challenges may be enormous but our achievements over semicentennial can not be underscored. I am proud to be part of the success story of NUGS.